Jul 6, 2011

Worst Sewing Blogger Ever

Okay, here are the rest of the skirts I promised you.  I had no idea I was such a skirt fiend until the pattern companies started coming out with a whole bunch of 'em that I wanted to make.

First up is a New Look pattern that appears to be discontinued.  Sorry about that.  I don't even think I have this one anymore since I wasn't terribly thrilled about it.  Anyway, it has these nifty gores with a faced waist.

UPDATE!
This pattern is sitting in the discontinued pattern section on the Simplicitiy/New Look website.
It's New Look 6461.
Here's another New Look that's been around a long time.  I just looked it up on their website and it's still there: New Look 6843.  I faced the waist rather than putting in a waistband.  This is your standard straight skirt.  I made this out of a curtain (I guess) I bought at Goodwill.  I thought I'd sort of scored a find until I noticed, upon washing it, that the tag said "Pottery Barn".  Oh, well.  I keep expecting someone to say, "Hey! That looks just like the curtain in my grandmother's bedroom!"
I have since found a straightish skirt pattern from Vogue I LOVE so much better than this.  Stay tuned.  I have even taken pictures!  Believe it or not, this thing is underlined in silk organza.  Why I bothered, I couldn't tell you.



(I am so cheerful today!)

I'll wind it up with Simplicity 2698, which is one of the Project Runway patterns and is still available.  I made it out of this groovy western cotton that I could not resist!  This is the only shirt I have that goes with it.  I feel just dorky enough in it that I don't wear it to work.  If only they knew....

This thing is the very definition of "comfortable"!





No comments:

Post a Comment