Aug 2, 2011

Summery Outfit

Check out my kitty cat there on the left.  How he managed to fold his tail into the corner is anyone's guess.  He was in that box for hours!


Hey, here’s an entire outfit!  I made this skirt a couple of weekends ago out of a nice lightweight twill that’s a blend of linen and hemp. I got the last of the bolt at Stonemountain & Daughter a couple of years ago.  If you’re ever in Berkeley, California be sure to check them out.  What a wonderful world it would be if every fabric store were like this.  >sigh<


I underlined the back pieces of this with a very thin, cheap linen I had laying around.  This eliminates any see-through.  This is something I tend to do with skirts.   

You can’t see the groovy horizontal darts in the back or front when I’m wearing this longish top, but they’re there.  It also has a very wide facing that goes as low as the darts. No waistband equals extra comfort! Here's the line art.
The top is probably familiar to PatternReview.com readers.  A lot of people have reviewed it so I thought I’d give it a try.  I think it’s such an interesting design and I like the cut-in arm holes.  I lot of people didn’t, for some reason.  I think they don’t like their bare shoulders showing but I say: embrace the shoulders!  There is an invisible zipper up the back and the upper bodice is lined.  I had to lengthen the upper bodice about 3/8”and widen the back by about an inch.  Man, some of these patterns are so narrow sometimes.

I really like the front pleat.  Those tucks on the side aren't really darts they're, well, tucks, I guess.  This also has tucks in the back at the mid-shoulder.


Well, that's all I have for now.  I didn't end up doing that vintage blouse muslin last night.  I actually finished altering the Burda Style pants I made a couple of weeks ago.  Pix to follow!



3 comments:

  1. (woops, I think blogger swallowed my first comment!)
    I think your top is lovely, and that poppy print is just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I really like the construction of that top! Might have to get that pattern for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see it has been a while since you posted here, so I hope you get this comment.... thank you so much for your kind congratulations. and your vote ;)

    ReplyDelete