Dec 6, 2010

A Glimpse of Madness


Today’s horror show is a before-and-after of my sewing closet.  
 This is a bad scene, isn't it?  Let's see.  On the far right just outside the closet are piles of fabric and that white-ish thing is a sloper, sort of.  In the closet are a wooden stool with fabric on it, two IKEA bags filled with crap, pattern boxes on the top shelf, and fabric hanging on hangers.  To complete the look, I've left plenty of bits of pattern pieces and junk on the floor!


Those are boxes of thread, an old wooden set of drawers from when I was a baby (!), boxes of patterns (mostly old Vogues) and a pile of nicely-wrinkled interfacing.  That red stuff is some yet-to-be-pre-cleaned coat fabric.


And here's the after! 
I moved the old wooden set of drawers out in the open and put my mother's old Singer on top (not pictured, but off to the right).  Those drawers are badly organized but will eventually have thread, machine needles and who knows what else in them.  It’ll house things I don’t necessarily need to have during a project. 

I bought two wire racks at Lowe’s and was happy to find they were exactly the right size for the little platform table thing I built in there.  I have lots of space, but no organizing skills whatsoever.

What you can’t see in this picture is the dump that is the rest of my sewing room.  What can you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment